Thursday, February 14, 2013

Hearts All Around

Happy Valentine's Day!
As I try to do each year, here are a few photos I have taken wherein I've noticed heart-like shapes occurring around me - some in the mountains while we're hiking, some in the yard at home..... enjoy!






While hiking along the Little Pigeon River in the Smoky Mtns this week, we passed this fascinating sight - one tree that separates into two trunks but one seems to reach over and kiss the other (who literally seems to love it!) and then they separate again going upward.
Cool :-)












Camellia petals from the bush in our front garden.  The photo was taken on a warm day this December, and I was surprised to see a lone honey bee buzzing among the flowers.









Another hole-in-the-tree heart, this one was found in the woods behind a barn along the Roaring Fork in the Smokies on New Year's Eve 2012.














Also on that same New Year's Eve hike, I noticed this perfectly heart-shaped lichen growing on a tree.








Isn't nature lovely?

No comments: