Thursday, January 10, 2013

Bulbapalooza

Prepare to seethe with jealousy (if you're into seething).
I hit the bulb jackpot!
A couple weeks ago, I stumbled across these bulbs on sale for $2.00 a bag at MalWart, which was a good deal as they were originally $3.98/$4.98 each. They're clearing out the last of the fall-planting bulbs and I snagged these 3 bags for me and a couple other bags that I gave to my mom.



















A few days ago, I went to a different MalWart & they had many of the same/similar bulbs that weren't labelled on sale, but I grabbed a bunch & took them to the price-scanner machine and they were.......
*drumroll*..... *wait for it*.....

$0.02 each.
!!!

I bought 136 bulbs for twenty-four cents. Wooohoooo!


















Now I have to get them in the ground ASAP because some of them are already sprouting - big time.
Namely the dutch iris mix (which is supposed to be late-blooming!):



















The red hyacinth is also peeking through:
























Warmish temps right now feel very Spring-like, maybe even hitting 70 on Saturday!  But the weatherpeeps are saying we'll be cooler again next week......

No comments: