Sunday, June 13, 2010

It's My Birthday! and a garden update

Happy Birthday to me! I've been chillin most of the day aside from some Etsy listings, housework and gardening.
It's been about a month and a half since I posted the before/after of our front garden so I thought I'd give an after/after update, things have really grown!
Mouse over to see today's photo:
Click Me
We have mixed caladiums, elephant ears, creeping jenny, phlox, hostas, mondo grass, sage bush, and that vine growing up the window is passion flower (which planted itself, oddly enough).
I bought a ready made trellis for my bday for the vine to run on, but now I think I might prefer a larger, hand built bamboo one.
I also bought two pretty Illustris elephant ear plants, here's one of them:














Finally, here's the planter on the front porch, jammed with caladiums, coleus, and ivy. I think it's quite pretty but I'm envious of one at a local nursery, it's gorgeous and *huge* - I'll try to snag a photo of it.

No comments: