Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter eggs

Easter - a great time to 'resurrect' my blog! I've been out of town, visiting my folks in Louisiana (and had a wonderful time) and other things have kept me busy.
Of course I had to make time for the traditional dying of eggs this weekend. I tried something new this time, using artist's masking fluid as a dye resist. Let's see how it turned out, shall we?


Plain dye tablets from a dollar-store kit in the usual colors: yellow, orange, pink, blue, green. A little vinegar and water does the trick.



The blue was strongest, only took a second.... the pink took forevah and a day.

If I'd had more vinegar the shades might have been more vibrant, but I think the results are nice, colorful and very fun.













I love the dotted texture on this green mehndi-inspired egg.








My "basket".


Enjoy the day!

No comments: